Your roof is an essential part of your home. It protects the structure and its inhabitants from any outdoor natural factors and debris that could pose a potential threat. Aside from that, it enhances the beauty of a home and brings it all together. Yet, the roof is often underappreciated and one of the most neglected pieces of a homeowner’s house.
Whether there are structural faults or you simply don’t like the look of your roof, it’s worth getting a new roof. And what better time to get a new roof than with the new year? Start the new year right with a roof replacement that will boost your curb appeal and make your home safer.
When to Get a New Roof
When it comes to roof replacements, it’s important to not put it off as roofs are integral to a home. Here are some reasons you may need to consider getting a new roof:
- Old Age: If your roof is older than 15-20 years old, chances are it has experienced a decline in quality, even if it isn’t visible.
- Cracked, Curling, or Missing Shingles: Shingles are meant to last a long time, however, a variety of factors can contribute to a decline in quality, such as cracking and curling. By the time a shingle is entirely missing, your roof has likely reached or surpassed its lifetime and needs to be replaced as soon as possible.
- Water Damage, Mold, or Moss: Moisture marks are an indication of significant damage and can lead to the growth of mold or moss. Once either have grown, your home will become a very dangerous environment so it’s essential to resolve the issue before it reaches this point.
- Outdated Design: Sometimes it’s as simple as not liking the look, material, or design of your roof. While this may seem arbitrary, aesthetics are still an important factor in home design and improvement.
Get a Roof Replacement That Fits Your Needs
When picking a new roof, it’s important to pick one that will fit all of your needs, both functionally and aesthetically.
These are the most common types of roofing to choose from:
- Asphalt: Asphalt is popular due to its affordability and its ability to be customized.
- Metal: Metal roofing is very durable and increases the value of the house.
- Composite: Composite roofing is also excellent for durability as it protects against fire, wind, and impact.
- EDPM: EDPM roofing is the most affordable and low-maintenance option for low-slope and flat roofs.
It’s also imperative to find and work with a roofing company that will value your home. At Recon Roofing & Construction, our roofing contractors treat every project as if it were our own home. Our high-quality products and services have earned us our BBB accreditation. We offer excellent roof replacements to homeowners in Iowa, as well as:
- Residential Roofing
- Storm/Hail Damage Restoration
- Multi-Family Roofing
- Commercial Roofing
- …and more!
Don’t put off upgrading your roof and home any longer, and improve with the new year. Contact us at Recon Roofing for a free consultation and information on how to get started with installing your new and improved roof!